Yesterday I had the great honor of attending my sis's graduation ceremony and it was an eye-opening experience for me. Few are those who are able to witness an event of such pomp and circumstance given the limited number of tickets alloted per graduate. However, my dear sis did so well that she was appointed Valedictorian for her faculty and thus had an additional 2 tickets so that I could personally witness her day of glory.
It was also a pure stroke of luck that our mutual friend arrived so late that the two of us were given front-row VIP seats instead of having to sit somewhere out there in a far corner of the huge hall. Because of this we had a very good view of the entire proceedings, a truly memorable experience.
Congratulations on your extremely good grades sis and thank you for letting me attend your graduation. I am honored for I thought that the only commencement I would ever witness was my own and possibly my children's much, much later. The only thing is that now you've made me nervous as I wonder whether I will pull through to walk across that very stage in my own robe and maroon sash in 2006.
And so begins yet another new chapter of your story as you cross the threshold from one phase in your life to another. Here's wishing you all the best and may you have a bright and happy future in all that you do.
Love,
Kor
No comments:
Post a Comment