Thursday, July 27, 2006

Written in the Stars

"Your talents (and the opportunities to display them) are endless. First, however, you have to work on them to the point of mastery. The stars say that now is a period of apprenticeship before you move to the next level."

How true indeed, especially since there is so much to learn, so much to know just to be a basic, greenhorn lawyer.

"How can you have a life if you spend all your time worrying about what might happen? Courage is just fear that has a sense of faith. Acknowledge all your worries and then resolve to move forward anyway."

A classmate used to say to me that I 'grip too hard' and that I should learn to 'let go'. I do let go from time to time, but regrettably not that frequent enough. Lest optimism become over-confidence and attract complacency and hubris, it remains better to be safe than sorry. Although this just means hope for the best while prepare for the worst, somehow it is not that easy to relax.

I know: sometimes the harder you grip the more you lose your grip over the matter.

For now I'm just too busy to worry anything more than 1) deadlines, 2) how fast time flies by and therefore how soon those deadlines will manifest and 3) the volume of work be it linked to those deadlines or not.

DreamCatcher

No comments: