My life, my words, my scores, my music, my efforts, my achievements; what do they amount to? My dreams, my goals, my hopes, my desires, my aspirations; what becomes of them?
Pushed and pulled by the relentless race to survive, by this perceived "do or die" struggle for a piece of paper - that used to be the quintessential item that guarantees a future but today remains more or less a key item minus that powerful warranty - there was the persistent, nagging fear of failure, for to fall would be such a waste of time, of money and effort. The higher you climb, the harder a fall would be, since there is no save point except for an earlier qualification. (And to think about people opting for the direct entry trend that can save time by skipping 'O' and 'A' levels)
But at least there was a path, a path with a destination within sight. A path more or less well travelled, and therefore a path not that dreadful to tread.
Now that I'm reaching the end of this path (or should I say that I have already walked beyond that a few weeks ago) I can't help but feel afraid. Afriad of being thrown into the great big outdoors, into a new phase of life, a new way of life. It will be a brave new world once again, although one possibly colder, emptier and duller.
The great, black void increases yet again. What now? What should I do?
DreamCatcher
Monday, May 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment