My handphone sits there at its usual place on my desk, silent and unmoving. Two phones, three phone pouches and two and a half years later, it is still my phone, resting in the very same spot when I'm at home, linked to the very same GSM network, responding to the very same mobile number.
There once was a time I asked myself why am I carrying it around when it is hardly used; days and even weeks on end where it just does nothing but show the time, signal strength and battery life. And then I would think of the time before when it was used everyday, seven days a week.
But I have moved on, not only away in terms of time from such days, but also away in terms of perspective and mindset. I have realised that sometimes, things do happen for a reason, and sometimes for a good reason. Learn to learn from such lessons in life and move on; learn to appreciate that everything has its time and place, its moral and reason.
Time does heal wounds, even the memory of the pain, although that still needs more time in my case.
There was a band performance at the park below my home this evening, and listening to that rich and sonorous sound that only a brass instrument can produce, I can't help but think of a time long ago. What would have happened had I chose to enter a band instead of CO? Would I be playing the flute, or even the french horn? The harmony and tonality that only a band can produce, the powerful and emotional brass and the lyrical reeds; it is a totally different world and experience.
Not that I am regretful; instead I am thankful for what has happened. Everything has happened for a reason, events inter-linking to create the present that I know and to shape the future that may be. It is only sad that there has always been this lingering tinge of loneliness.
Everything in its time. In time such loneliness shall pass, just that for now my human eyes cannot see how this will happen. In time I will look back at the yesterday that is today and see the big picture.
I used to think of all the possible 'what-ifs' had I walked a different path at every bend; now I feel fortunate that things have turned out this way.
One day everything will come together, just that the time is not now.
DreamCatcher
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment