Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Starstruck

My star says:

"Take a long hard look at what it is you really want when it comes to your career and what you've always dreamed it could be. This is a good time to see if reality measures up to your imagination and, if not, where the discrepancies are. From there you can start to plan the 'how' of eliminating any such discrepancies. It's time to take steps toward realizing your professional dream."

How true since I have never really been career-minded. Just want a job that has decent pay, workload, environment, office hours that is also enjoyable to do. And having a taste of life as an intern, I think my specialization lies in somewhere else.

I just don't have the mental speed, the memory, the flair nor the 'brilliance'.

Maybe there is still a place for me at the lower 'bread and butter' end (which I seriously don't mind as long as the above conditions are fulfilled). But that will depend since I have not really experienced this yet.

What then do I wish to do as a career? I don't really know. I'm comfortable with administration and paperwork, but the flipside is the inability to multi-task efficiently. I guess just let time and fate decide.

On the other hand, the stars also say:

"A lovely (and loving) surprise will set your heart on fire when you least expect it. Next up: a fabulous journey of discovery, both with that certain someone and into the recesses of your own soul."

Well, the day is almost over and I've been at home the whole day preparing my notes for revision. Hit a snag that put me behind schedule, but slower progress is better than overlooked mistakes.

There's still much to be done.

DreamCatcher

No comments: