Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2006: A New Year, A Better Year?

How fast time flies; yet another year is over and school has reopened once again. And with this new year I still carry an old hope: that things in the end will turn out alright.

The last semester was a nightmare of sorts, what with the time-sinks, the confusing seminars, the nasty exam surprises and the burn-out just before the examinations. There just wasn't much to write about; nor had I the mood to even bring myself to write anything on this blog. Of course there were some uplifting moments, such as the Christmas eve reunion dinner with friends, the relief that I managed to pull through the previous semester, the badminton sessions with friends and the NUSCO music camp, but generally I just felt tired, tired and numbed by what I would use the word 'stagnation' to describe.

Where is Faith? Will there somehow really be a change for the better? Things have always seemed to be going downhill, and downhill. Will there be a day when things get better?

I just hope that this semester will be at least be better than the last. Can't things look better for once?

The only good thing is that after going down too much, the only way to go is up.

May tomorrow be a better day.

DreamCatcher

No comments: