Such is the power of Dreams, bringing not only Hope but warmth and inspiration into our lives. Like a magical filter, Dreams make the world seem a better place, because nothing else seems to matter as long as the Dream is there.
Having been on a Dream-induced euphoria the past 2 days, it has been wonderful to feel so light and yet so strong in positive emotion. Could it be? Could it be? All other worries no longer weigh on my heart, for it feels as if that everything will be alright should the Dream come true.
Such is the beauty of a Dream, although only in Dreams is there always a happy ending.
It is nice to Dream, but how do we deal with things when it shatters?
I dream of a quiet and simple life, a content and complete life, a life of peace and belonging. I believe that love conquers all, despite how idealistic, naive or even foolish some believe this notion to be. My Dream is one of completeness, of finding that niche in life to settle comfortably in.
A life where the Night isn't that scary, where it may rain but it doesn't pour.
Can this be more than what is merely the "stuff of Dreams"?
So many words I wish I could say, so many thoughts I wish I could express, but express I can't. Dreams are but Dreams, a caricature of Life that is so perfect that it becomes imperfect, whereas Life is the sole version of reality, no matter how imperfect it appears to be.
In the end, Dreams are blind, a fantasy of fictitious imaginings that one hopes will come true somehow. A distortion of reality that still has the potential to become true, although more often than not they end up being fairy tales.
Having grown up I have to think more sensibly, whether I am or not. It has been nice to feel the warmth and glow of a nice Dream, but I must consider whether this Dream is too fantastic to be capable of coming true.
And then again, given my clumsiness, I must also consider how not to shatter with my own hand a Dream that could come true.
Some people would offer consoling words of "if it's meant to be then it will be." Sadly, no amount of words can give any comfort for shattered dreams, no matter how imperfect they may be.
Will Life kill this Dream I dream? Will Life admonish me for dreaming such dreams?
On the other hand, could it be...?
DreamCatcher
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment