Tuesday, December 27, 2005

扪心自问

I write the Music to express myself, crystallising thoughts, emotions, impressions, hopes and dreams into a tapestry of sound.

I write the Music in the hope of leaving some echo in the memories of others, to the effect that what little there is that constitutes my existence has not been without any worth or meaning.

I write the Music in the hope that even I can make a little difference somehow.

But most importantly, I write the Music so that people can have fun.

I never meant to cause hurt. I never meant to be a source of sorrow. But, despite my best intentions, I have violated my own Principles today. Indirectly, my Music has caused hurt. Directly, I have caused sorrow. I never meant for things to turn out this way, but what has happened cannot be undone. And no matter what it is a fact that the damage has been done. I have erred, and am filled with guilt and remorse.

I am sorry, Rui. Sorry that things had to turn out this way. Sorry that I hurt your feelings. Please believe me when I say that I honestly believed that I was helping you, and that never had I expected that my plans would backfire in this way. Whatever I said was purely neutral without any intention of being harsh, disapproving, condescending or humiliating in any manner. What I said was never meant to mean anything more than the literal meaning of the words themselves: I just thought that it could be easier since I don't play the erhu and my grasp of bowing techniques is only rudimentary at best. I am really sorry, Rui, I really didn't know that this would be the result.

It is my fault that things went contrary to my plan, and I deeply regret that this error of mine had such an effect on you. I could have known better, and I should have known better. I do not know how angry you are at me for this, but I do know that I have caused you much hurt. Please don't be too upset; I only hope that with time the wound will heal. Please allow me to ask just this one thing of you: that you will allow me to wish you happiness and good cheer to compensate for all this.

Additionally, please allow me to thank you for letting me learn a valuable life lesson today. I'm sorry that it had to be at your expense though.

To think that I have hurt a friend today: what an abominable thing to do...

DreamCatcher

No comments: