I have not written for a long time, not because of a busy schedule whatsoever. The list of things to do remain partially completed as I try to slip out of a sinkhole that has taken up my time the past few weeks.
Despite my complaints about treadmilling I end up doing the same old grind again. Why is there such a dearth of a nice solo RPG? Diablo II was ages ago, and so was Dungeon Siege. And so I find myself captivated by the world of Lineage II, despite the tedium at times. At last I get to play an RPG that I've been longing to play for a long, long time.
It's understandable why some people don't understand what is so fun about gaming or why they see it as a waste of time. Consider it as another form of escapism, a way of satisfying the inner child of every gamer by doing things that we cannot in real life. But of course there remains that fine line between gaming and gaming addiction. It's so easy to think that it's just a game that can be put down at any time, but in reality it tends to be yet another 'easier said than done thingy.'
Well, I dare not really ponder on whether I have reached or even crossed the line, but at least it has distracted me from worrying about my grades throughout. Well, today is that judgment day where the results of my efforts are finally declared, and the unfortunate thing is that I woke up this morning to discover that I couldn't connect to the Internet at all. In the end I reformatted my computer but that didn't help and I got my results with the help of a friend. My prayers were answered; I pulled through despite the burnout and the freakiness of some of the exam questions. Of course there is that usual guilt that I could have done better, but seriously no thanks; given the conditions and the horrid factors influencing some of the tougher papers, I dare say that this is the best I could have done. More effort may not have produced any tangible improvement. At least it is over. I just hope that next semester is not going to be even worse than this.
And the best thing is that now my modem is working again despite repeated efforts to connect to the Internet the whole day. Oh well, I guess it is starting to show its age after 3 years of use and the up-side is that I'm getting a new modem soon and a lower broadband subscription fee because I signed on for another 2 years.
Now I feel numb. Reformatting a computer is really a tedious process when you have so many programs to reinstall; especially when things don't work properly and you have to do troubleshooting.
At least this leaves no room at the moment to think too much or too far.
DreamCatcher
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment