Thursday, December 01, 2005

Random Recollections

I never really thought much about the time after the exams, except for possible scheduling strategies for next semester and the NUSCO music camp at the end of the year. That more or less sums up my life: studies, CO and music. The sudden removal of that heavy burden that is stress, only to plunge into a patch of nothing, created a surge of anxiety and panic. Thank heavens this only happened after the exams.

But despite the apparent emptiness in the overall picture, I have been busy every day so far after the exams. I met up with old friends, had a wonderful and memorable night playing board games with them at MindCafe, went back to HCCO and bought a replacement Creative soundcard so that I can resume my hobby of amateur music recording. And in between, I was in the alternate dimension of Lineage 2.

I've been away from HCCO too long. I'm starting to forget people's names. And with the 2004 batch retired the place feels so empty. At least the incoming J1s have started coming for practice, but that means having to start socialising again from step one. Oh well, hope this incoming batch isn't too 'off'.

Playing board games at MindCafe was so fun; it has been such a long time since I played a board game and laughed so hard during a game. It was like travelling back in time to the late nineties, when we were much younger and more ready to hang loose.

And today I finally replaced my soundcard with a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum, the cheapest soundcard with the necessary RCA jack input ports and recording software I need to carry on my hobby of making music recordings. It's turning out to be an expensive hobby, since I don't do it for profit and don't really churn out so many recordings. Maybe I shouldn't have bought it, but then who knows? Maybe I may not have the time to indulge in this pasttime in the future.

Why do I still feel so ill at ease about my life? I still have so many things to do, to see to; NUSCO resumes next week, I still need to polish up my TLHY composition, record some music, write out this new composition for the huqin sextet that came to me during the exam period, read Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (yes, I have not read it yet), exercise, go and make a new pair of glasses, try out new ideas in music arrangements, train the huqin sextet, prepare for NUSCO music camp solo audition. I can't say that I have nothing much to do during this holiday period, and yet I feel a tinge of anxiety lingering in the back of my mind.

One step at a time. One step at a time.

I try not to think about it, but it remains on my mind. I can get distracted, but I cannot forget.

I am still a DreamCatcher.

DreamCatcher

No comments: