It's finally Over, with a finality like words inscribed in stone. After two years, it's like a great burden being lifted from my shoulders. Perhaps this time, the scab of my wound will get to heal in peace, and heal totally for once without being reopened again.
Scar it may, but better than a wound that is healing but never heals completely.
I feel relieved, for it seems that the subtle winds of change are in the air around me. Wandered long in lonely exile I had, craving acceptance, understanding and above all, companionship. Deep into terra incognita I fled, until what was unfamiliar became familiar and what was new became the norm. I adapted, and managed (in my opinion) to settle into a niche I carved for myself. Perhaps temporary, hopefully permanent, but at least for now I've found a place to belong. And hopefully remain.
Thank God it was never a solitary 'exile'. Praise God for the oasis amidst the turmoil. Whatever happened had to happen, and I've learnt to be a better person.
Although I was fleeing from myself, in the end I've come around and discovered more about me. I've reached the furthest I can go; it's time for me to return from my wilderness.
Will you still recognise me after all these years? Will you still remember me and welcome back this lost soul you once called friend?
To my friends, a big thank you for your patience and concern. It was a journey I had to do and do alone. However, please give me some more time perhaps; drifted I have so far, and maybe too far, after so many years. Can we take it together one step at a time, perhaps from step one?
It can't be like the good ol' days anymore, but hey, that's what memories are for. Who knows what lies ahead?
I shall return.
DreamCatcher
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment