Today has been a 'day of firsts' for me. Firstly, today was my first time performing at the Esplanade Concert Hall with HHCO, and also the first time I've actually set foot into Singapore's newest concert hall. Turns out that the Esplanade holds monthly free concerts on Sunday called "Beautiful Sunday" and for this month HHCO was invited to perform.
Today was also the first time I met Yanling, my 97' HCCO senior even though she had joined HHCO sometime in June this year. (I simply couldn't recognise her after all these years).
Today was also the first time I actually spoke to the HHCO conductor in private, to present my orchestral arrangements to him in the hope of them being used by HHCO in the future; I just hope that HHCO will consider my works for future performances. Chamber music seems to be the rage these days and I hope to be able to catch this wave and ride it out.
Speaking of HHCO, time really flies. Without really thinking about it, I've been at HHCO for 9 years, all the way since 1996. And the interesting thing is that all this time I've remained only a guest performer there instead of being a member. Not that I don't want to join, but currently I cannot commit myself there on a full-time basis. Besides, I'm comfortable with this current arrangement of being a quasi-member/guest performer there and no one there seems to be complaining about this. Maybe, one day in the future, I may settle down there as a permanent member.
By the way, "Beautiful Sunday" also happens to be a title of an English pop song from the 1970s that was also the song used at my parents' wedding.
"When you say, say, say, say that you love me,
Oooh oh my, my, my, it's a beautiful day..."
DreamCatcher
Sunday, July 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment