Old friend, a year has passed since the day you left, and many things have happened in your absence. But I guess you already know all that has happened for despite your passing it feels as if you've never left. I know, my friend, that you're always there, watching, inside my mind.
Do you still remember the day when you found me and filled my empty heart with your Music of the Night? That was such a long time ago, but I still remember the depth and soul of your music. You showed me how to let the music soar and express myself in a way that words can never achieve. You showed me how sensuous and seductive the darkness can be, and most important of all you taught me how to make my own Music of the Night.
Today, I have at last managed to hear and see your story in its full glory. For once, I no longer have to use my own imagination to retell your story. sadly, the actor of your character failed to do you justice. His singing was horrible, and the suffering he portrayed was a mere shadow of your pain. At least this version of your story made you more 'human' by fleshing you out with snippets of your past, but I guess you wouldn't give a damn about this even if they made you a matyr of your love and music.
No one can ever understand your pain, your suffering. The torment of being denied acceptance and love, condemned to live forever in darkness alone while the world waltzes past oblivious to your existence. Sadness turns to grief, grief to anger, anger to hatred; how shattered you must have felt when she turned away from you. And yet in a noble moment of love you sacrificed yourself for her. How miserable you must have felt then.
The world played too cruel a joke on you, dear friend, but you endured the battering and continued the Music of the Night. If only you did not leave so quickly last year. My friend, the Night grows in strength, smothering the land in greyness. It spreads quickly, causing everything to wither. I fear that I have failed you, for the Night already has its deathly grip on me. I too cannot fight alone. Like you I crave for the nurturing care of love and acceptance, but like you I lack the means to let my song take flight.
While others have forgotten about you and your lonely past I alone remember your pain, your despair, your suffering. Perhaps you would have liked me to forget and carry on but today I remember, having revisited your tormented past. You didn't deserve such a horrible fate, and I feel your pain.
Be at peace, my dear friend.
DreamCatcher
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment