Monday, December 13, 2004

On My Own

And now I'm all alone again,
Nowhere to turn, no one to go to.
Without a home without a friend,
Without a face to say hello to.

And now the night is near, now I can make believe
She's here.

On my own, pretending she's beside me,
All alone, I walk with her till morning,
Without her, I feel her arms around me,
And when I lose my way I close my eyes, and she has found me.

In the rain, the pavement shines like silver,
And the lights, are misty in the river.
In the darkness, the streets are full of starlight,
And all I see is her and me for ever and forever

Though I know it's only in my mind,
That I'm talking to myself and not to her.
And although I know that she is blind,
Still I say there's a way for us.

I love her, but when the night is over,
She is gone, the river's just a river.
Without her, the world around me changes,
The trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers.

I love her, but everyday I'm learning,
All this time, I've only been pretending.
Without me, her world will go on turning,
A world of light and color that I wish I could have known.

I love her, but only on my own.


DreamCatcher

No comments: