I started this to ease the pressure within, to crystallise what has been weighing down my heart as well as to remember the glory, and folly, that is my existence.
An outlet for dreams, for feelings, for history; my story.
Now just where did I stop the previous time?
It surely can't be a wrong to dream. It surely can't be wrong to want to love and be loved. It surely can't be wrong to aspire, to accomplish, to do something with my life.
And yet there exists the dismissive shrug and the question "And so?"
I tried, not to the very best of my efforts, but try I did. I've worked, labored, laughed, cried... and yet I feel like I've done nothing. I've dreamed, hoped and prayed, but my mind goes blank, the future an empty void.
I had a Dream, a beautiful Dream, my own Dream that is my goal in life.
Dare I dream this Dream I dream?
Or is it wrong for me even to dream of it?
What is happening to me?
What would it take to prove my worth, to earn the satisfaction of being a good person? What can I do better? When is enough enough?
Dare I dream this Dream I dream?
And yet...
DreamCatcher
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why be bound by worldly conventional standards? True, everyone likes a nice person, but if it's feeling too torturous, it might be better to stay yourself, I think.
Post a Comment