Saturday, February 19, 2005

Delirious Descent - Why Me?

Being sick (and I mean really sick =( ) sure helps you see things in perspective. Whatever you do, no matter who you are, all must succumb to the mark of Pestilence. No one else can take your place. You face it, alone.

Does it matter whether I'm a nice person or not? The chills that shiver the bones even in the warm night doesn't care. The migraine that feels like my head is being used as an anvil doesn't care. The fatigue that seems to drain my very lifeforce doesn't care. No one seems to care. But even if there are people who care they can't stop the purging that saps my strength. They can't take away the pain and suffering. Once again I am alone.

You may ask from where then do I have the strength to write this? Why do I write this when I should be resting? Ill I may be but I am more bitter that no matter what I've done, no matter how hard I've tried I am still alone. Ultimately, I will recover and find myself back at square one. No hope, no direction. Just aimless wandering.

So am I really a nice person, a good person? Does this really have any effect at all? Or am I better off talking to the wall?

Why does the world disregard me so?

Is it so hard to be liked?

DreamCatcher

No comments: