It has really been a long time since I last posted an entry here; not because I have lost interest in blogging, nor because of anything 'bad' or 'tragic'. It's just that I've been very busy, busy with studies, with composing and even more studies.
It is unbelievable how each semester just gets progressively worse in terms of the workload, although I have only myself to blame. Between slacking and learning something useful I chose the masochistic route and am faced with a neverending deluge of cases, and more cases, every week. And sadly this is not all of it, given the concepts that remain so insoluble up till now.
I concede: I am not that brilliant and I have bitten off more than I can chew. The only comfort is that I am not the only one struggling with this difficult module.
At least, on the other side of my life, my efforts have borne fruit. My Huqin sextet has finally developed from an idea into an entity that has its own unique spirit and character. Watching the sextet take flight, I feel grateful for the 'miraculous' chain of events that led to this, and am thankful for the support of my friends who have given the sextet the soul and wings to fly.
There is more to life than just studies, and life is sadly so short. I had never intended to accomplish great things: all I desire is a simple and contented life, and to touch the hearts of others with my music.
Remember the music, my friends.
"Fly Away" by Corrinne May
"When will you be home?" she asks
as we watch the planes take off
We both know we have no clear answer to where my dreams may lead
She's watched me as i crawled and stumbled
As a child, she was my world
And now to let me go, I know she bleeds
and yet she says to me
You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be prayin every step along the way
Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
I love you too much to make you stay
Baby fly away
Autumn leaves fell into spring time and
SIlver-painted hair
Daddy called one evening saying
"We need you. Please come back"
When I saw her laying in her bed
Fragile as a child
Pale just like an angel taking flight
I held her as I cried
You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be prayin every step along the way
Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
I love you too much to make you stay
Baby fly away
ohh...
I love you too much to make you stay
Baby fly away
One day I'll fly away
DreamCatcher
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment