Friday, September 23, 2005

Bungee Jumping

I once used to dream of paradise on Earth, of a world viewed through rose-tinted glasses. I used to dream of a simple, quiet life, a humble life, a happy life.

I still try to dream this dream. I still want to believe in the dream. I still want to live out the dream.

But dreams are so intangible, so illusory...

One can only dream so long before being dragged back to reality.

One can only hang on for so long with mere hope.

One can only drift for so far without despairing.

Everything loses its meaning. There is just nothing more to look forward to, and yet at the last moment a glimmer of hope appears and the bungee cord pulls me back to safety.

But what if one day that doesn't even happen?

What happens after you've reached the end of the road? CO has lost its meaning, its significance. What is there to look forward to?

Has life killed the dream I dream?

All I can do now is wait for the wind to change... if it ever changes.

DreamCatcher

No comments: