
The Sheng Family of NUSCO

Today was the annual NUSCO concert at the UCC and finally all those months of practising the same old songs over and over again are coming to an end (for now that is, since half of them are going to be recycled for a May concert in Zurich... ) Sadly, the numerous extra practices before the event have taken a toll on me and I was not in top form during the concert. (kept drifting and zoning out in the middle each song) Worse still, during the encore piece my finger slipped, causing me to stop playing the main melodic line. I thought it should be alright since there were 2 others who were playing the same instrument and same score as me, but to my horror both of them also flopped at the same time, resulting in 2 seconds of awkward silence as the melodic line 'choked'. What an embarrassment...
Oh well, they don't call it the Law of Diminishing Returns for nothing. It's a law, not just a theory. At least the next month of enforced non-practice (ceasefire for exams) should clear up the effect of diminishing returns, although my instrument is in serious need of major repairs (for once can those instrument manufacturers actually use their brains to think and innovate?).
And so now I have more time to study, which also means that I have no life. Sheesh.
DreamCatcher
No comments:
Post a Comment