Tuesday, January 11, 2005

EEE Night

These have been busy times for me, rushing out arrangement after arrangement in preparation for the debut of the NUSCO huqin quintet at the Esplanade at the end of the month. Day after night of tinkering with the note intervals and counterpoints as well as translating the scores have finally paid off, and now the quintet has a decent repertoire of 4 pieces.

Apart from that, school has reopened and thankfully there was no repeat of the hectic rush of information overload that was last semester.

Last night also happened to be EEE night for NTU and I was there as the accompaniment for Yucheng while he played "Hymn to the Sea" on the recorder. Also performed Jay Chou's "An Jing" with Jason on the erhu and me on the piano. Oh well, it was a good night, with me being called "Melvin, the piano player" by the host, Glenn Ong.

Now I must return to do more score arrangements for the huqin quintet; talk about excitement: I am really looking forward to the gig at the Esplanade.

DreamCatcher

No comments: