Listen; do you hear the Music? Does anyone hear it at all? Or have I been hearing things when there is only silence?
Notes flash pass my mind, whole orchestras or sometimes just a little quartet. They play and fade away as I try to capture them; Music in its true ethereal form. Sometimes they linger, willing to materialise into ink on paper, but most of the time they playfully vanish as the beat moves on to the next bar, the next measure.
Note by note I try to crystallise what I've heard, but I am too slow. Sometimes parts are forgotten and accordingly rewritten. Other times parts cannot be written or else other parts have to be re-written to accomodate the new. Note by note, bar by bar, staff by staff the Music is crystallised, a process which sometimes 'kills' the Music instead of preserving it.
But is it really Music?
Have I really played Music? Have I really created Music? Or am I just deluding myself? For most of my life Music has been the one true way of expression but have I really made Music?
Will my Music ever resonate in the heartstrings of others? Who else can hear the Music I try to create?
With whom can I share and create more Music?
DreamCatcher
Saturday, September 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment