Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day after day after day

After so many different stages of life, of chasing paper and growing up, suddenly the gameplay changes.

I'm still chasing paper, albeit a different kind of paper that comes in different colors and sizes and may one day be totally be replaced by some plastic polymer.

However, instead of short term goals and challenges, I can't help but think that this stage is one long and big stage; from now till retirement.

Day after day after day with time stretching to the distant horizon.

I think I just learnt how Agoraphobia feels like. Oh, the scale of time! Oh, the distance!

On the other hand, there's always the 'side quests' to complete, although in my case they are actually my main quests in this game called my life. Alternatively, such 'side quests' can also be viewed as the various short-term stages ahead of me, although most of them can be now pursued concurrently instead of the rigid, consecutive manner of the earlier stages.

I guess no one's ever ready when crossing over the threshold to the next stage of life.

Just one question: am I headed in the right direction?

DreamCatcher

No comments: