Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Will of a well-known Wall St broker

(Quoted from the Oxford book of legal anecdotes)

"To my wife, I leave my lover, and the knowledge that I wasn't the fool she thought I was. To my son, I leave the pleasure of earning a living. For 35 years he thought the pleasure was mine. He was mistaken.

To my daughter I leave $100,000. She will need it. The only good piece of business her husband ever did was to marry her.

To my valet I leave the clothes he has been stealing from me for the past ten years. Also the fur coat that he wore last winter at Palm Beach.

To my chauffeur I leave my cars. He almost ruined them and I want him to have the satisfaction of finishing the job.

And lastly, to my partner, I leave the suggestion that he take some other man in with him if he expects to do any business."


DreamCatcher

No comments: